Client Portal Login
ALLIED HEALTHCARE OPPORTUNITIES
NHI is a provider of temporary and permanent placements for the medical/dental environment.
NHI-Current Healthcare Opportunities.
Click on a Job Title to view Details.
Back to Previous
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE DOWNTOWN TORONTO
GENERAL DUTY REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE COMPETENCIES
• Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
• A minimum of 12 months recent experience within the last 24 months with acute adult patient population
a) Must possess the basic skills and competencies in acute patient care across the life span. Must have the skills to competently administer medications via all routes including intravenous, epidural, and PCA pumps.
b) The supplier will supply staff that have the skills and competencies in patient care acaross all areas and acuity including Emergency, Mental Health, Neo Natal, and Med-Surg.
c) The ability to perform general duty nursing care for full scope as per Hospital Policy including but not limited:
d) Capillary blood glucose monitoring ( CBGM);
e) Care, maintenance, of Central Venous Access Devices- Central Lines ( non-tunneled & Percutaneous)
f) Care, maintenance of peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC)
Administer medication as per Hospital Policy;
• Care of patients utilizing patient controlled IV analgesia (PCA)
• Maintenance and care of nasogastric, oral gastric and gastsrostomy tubes;
• Enteral feeding
• Total parenteral nutrition (TPN)
• Bladder scanning
• Continuous bladder irrigation (CBI)
• Subcutaneous injection using subcutaneous injection set; care and maintenance of chest tubes;
• Care, maintenance and suctioning of tracheotomy
• Proven organizational, prioritization critical thinking problem solving and teaching skills; and
• Physically capable of lifting, turning, transferring manually and with mechanical aids.
• Clinical documentation ( familiarity with Electronic Documentation and Order entry)
• Ostomy care urinary catheter insertion
"We are the people who care, and it shows!"