Client Portal Login
ALLIED HEALTHCARE OPPORTUNITIES
NHI is a provider of temporary and permanent placements for the medical/dental environment.
NHI-Current Healthcare Opportunities.
Click on a Job Title to view Details.
Back to Previous
CRITICAL CARE NURSES- DOWNTOWN TORONTO HOSPITALS
RN CRITICAL CARE
CRITICAL CARE REGISTERED NURSE COMPETENCIES
• Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
• A minimum of 12 months recent experience within the last 24 months with acute adult patient population
a) Must possess the basic skills and competencies in acute patient care across the life span. Must have the skills to competently administer medications via all routes including intravenous, epidural, and PCA pumps.
b) The supplier will supply staff that have the skills and competencies in patient care across all areas and acuity including Emergency, Mental Health, Neo Natal, and Med-Surg.
c) The ability to perform general duty nursing care for full scope as per Hospital Policy including but not limited:
d) Capillary blood glucose monitoring ( CBGM);
e) Care, maintenance, of Central Venous Access Devices- Central Lines ( non-tunneled & Percutaneous)
f) Care, maintenance of peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC)
Administer medication as per Hospital Policy;
• Care of patients utilizing patient controlled IV analgesia (PCA)
• Maintenance and care of nasogastric, oral gastric and gastrostomy tubes;
• Enteral feeding
• Total parenteral nutrition (TPN)
• Bladder scanning
• Continuous bladder irrigation (CBI)
• Subcutaneous injection using subcutaneous injection set; care and maintenance of chest tubes;
• Care, maintenance and suctioning of tracheotomy
• Proven organizational, prioritization critical thinking problem solving and teaching skills; and
• Physically capable of lifting, turning, transferring manually and with mechanical aids.
• Clinical documentation ( familiarity with Electronic Documentation and Order entry)
• Ostomy care urinary catheter insertion
• Accessing /de-accessing of Central Venous Access Devices
• Central Lines ( non tunneled & percutaneous)
• Accessing/de-accessing of peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC)
• Push IV medications below the drip chamber as per Hospital Guidelines; and
• Patient controlled IV analgesia (PCA)
• Venipuncture for phlebotomy and IV insertion
• Epidural Clinical documentation
CRITICAL CARE REGISTERED NURSE
• In addition to the RN competencies the Critical Care RN must meet the minimum competencies:
• Meet all critical care certification has a minimum of 5 years recent experience in a critical care environment.
• Assist with rapid sequence intubation
• Insertion and maintenance of nasopharyngeal airway
• Continuous Positive Airway Pressure/BiP AP
• Observation and monitoring of the mechanically ventilated patient
• Maintenance and suctioning of endotracheal tube;
• Care and maintenance of arterial lines and obtaining blood samples;
• Removal of radial art line;
• Care and maintenance of Pulmonary Artery Catheter system, measurement of Pulmonary artery wedge pressure (PAWP) and Cardiac Output (CO) and obtaining blood samples;
• Cardiac monitoring and arrhythmia interpretation;
• Obtaining 12 Lead ECG
• Monitoring and maintenance of temporary pacemakers
• Specimen collection from Central Venous Access Devices;
• Specimen collection from Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC)
• Titration of infusions; and nasogastric and oral gastric tubes-insertion and removal (gag reflex present)
"We are the people who care, and it shows!"