Client Portal Login
ALLIED HEALTHCARE OPPORTUNITIES
NHI is a provider of temporary and permanent placements for the medical/dental environment.
NHI-Current Healthcare Opportunities.
Click on a Job Title to view Details.
Back to Previous
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER 1 YEAR CONTRACT
NHI Nursing & Homemakers Inc. is an award winning health care employment agency that offers assignments in hospitals, long term care facilities and community settings. We have been offering our services to our clients since 1985 and we offer over 70 different cultural languages. We are accredited by Accreditation Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the direction of the registered nurse or registered practical nurse you will be
• Providing personal care to clients in hospital or long term care settings within your scope of practice as a PSW.
• Shifts are available as ' Floor Duty' and “Constant Observation and you may require to work between both areas.
• Working with patients who may be on isolation, Agency will provide training on PPEs as may be necessary.
• Assist patients with ambulation, transfers and exercises
• Adhering to the safety needs of the patient and using equipment safely and properly
• Working in a wide range of acute care unit types such as medical/surgical, intensive care, emergency, rehabilitation and much more.
• Working in long term care settings as may be necessary
• Flexible with schedule, able to work Days, Evenings, or Nights, 8 hours our 12 hour shifts, alternate weekends, and statutory holidays.
• You will be scheduled for 75 hours bi-weekly
Shifts are available in the following locations:
• North York/Scarborough or
• North York/Downtown Toronto
• Current working experience
• New Grads welcome
• Personal Support Worker Certificate from an Ontario approved community college or private career college with NACC certification.
• Valid Vulnerable Sector Screening/Criminal Record Check as a condition to hire
• Negative TB Test completed within the last 2 years and/or Chest X-ray
• 2 references /2 pieces of government I.Ds./SIN required upon hire
• Proof of current immunization
• Current CPR
• Current Mask fit test Certificate
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, as written documentation is required.
• No Immigration work restrictions
'WE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO CARE AND IT SHOWS'
Visit our website at: www.nhihealthcare.com
Email Resume to: Charmaine at email@example.com or
Delores at firstname.lastname@example.org
"We are the people who care, and it shows!"